|WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
This role is to work within a wider team of Solution Architects, Infrastructure Solution Architects and Automation Engineers. You will contribute to drive forward the architecture across the company, sharing and developing ideas and helping the Enterprise Architecture team with their strategic thinking
PayPoint has undertaken a number of IT Transformation projects across IT Development and Production teams which have included a move towards higher levels of automation within the toolchain, a move towards DevOps and also the adoption of a cloud-first strategy. PayPoint is now beginning to re-architect platforms, solutions and embed the new practices along with toolsets within product delivery teams.
You will be working directly with a delivery team and will need to be delivery focused; taking on challenging projects, usually spanning multiple technology stacks. You will provide the team with fully architected solutions and then guide them from design, through to implementation and transition to BAU. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the solutions deliver for the needs of both the business customers and those supporting the systems.
SOME KEY POINTS OF THE ROLE
- You will engage with a wide range of people, from enterprise/solution architects and highly technical software developers to senior executive stakeholders.
- You will need to identify what a particular stakeholder needs to know or is concerned about and be able to communicate effectively when required.
- Work closely with product managers and product owners, using business domain language and knowledge to convey concepts and recommendations.
- As a solution architect you will take ownership of the Architecture of a key strategic product and ensure that all engineers working in the delivery team are bought into the vision.
- You will ensure that all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- You will work closely with the engineers in the delivery team to provide hands-on technical expertise, ensuring outcomes meet the highest technical and agile standards.
- You must be able to engage and operate across a broad range of technology stacks, both on-premise and in the cloud (Azure).
- You will be required to work closely with vendors to ensure the right technical fit of the solution. This means actively contributing to RFIs, RFPs and subsequently working closely with them in design and implementation of the solution.
- Foster relationships with other Architects and collaborate in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- You will be responsible for bid support, for defining pre-project strawman solutions, working on POCs as well as owning and maintaining architectural artefacts.
- You will be responsible for the production of high level and occasionally low-level design documents and other technical project related artefacts.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE FROM YOU
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an architecture or senior design role, where you have been responsible for proposing and owning the solutions architecture
- Experience of architecting and designing applications for the cloud (Azure, but AWS is considered).
- An in depth understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions, experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models, with a specific focus on Azure.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud)
- Experience in conducting cloud service maps, TCO analysis, security considerations as part of a wider Cloud Adoption Framework
- Demonstrable experience in architecting large scale cloud migration projects/programmes
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex, multi-system problems
- Experience in architecting cloud solutions with the use of microservice patterns
- Experience of working in Agile / Scrum /DevOps teams
- Knowledge of architectural patterns such as SOA / MSA and their application in distributed solutions.
- Experience of architecting applications to work in containers on container platforms (AKS, EKS, Kubernetes)
- A solid understanding of the Application Lifecycle, Quality Assurance, Database Engineering and Build & Deployment
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING
- Relevant Azure certifications (AWS considered)
- TOGAF Certification and experience of working within the framework
- Real time card processing / transaction processing experience
- Knowledge of EPOS
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
You can expect a truly special experience working with us in our Head Office Location in Welwyn Garden City. Our journey into Agile is truly underway along with our investment into a cloud based architecture and further consistent updates of our technologies which you will have the chance to use day in day out. You will benefit from a range of standard company benefits like our 25 days holiday, on site gym, free parking, a canteen which caters for breakfast and lunch. We also provide onsite yoga classes and other health and vitality sessions which includes chiropractors and mini massage taster sessions. At PayPoint we feel strongly about the development of our people. That’s why we offer the opportunities and support to progress people in their careers.
For a full list of benefits please click on the link below