MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Support the Business Intelligence team in providing ad-hoc and project driven BI solutions, data analysis and technical support to facilitate management decision making and operational activities within PayPoint’s International business. Working with all levels of staff, across multiple departments, to identify requirements and define, design and develop BI solutions. Provide assistance to support teams during delivery of new projects and dealing with incidents. Knowledge of SQL Server and BI tools coupled with good knowledge of data modelling and data warehousing principles are essential to the role.
- Creating data models, developing ETLs and validating results with stakeholders
- Develop the existing data warehouse to combine data from a variety of sources to allow for greater business understanding and data insights.
- Addressing user questions concerning data integrity
- Carry out detailed design and development of ETL using SSIS
- Delivering all necessary ETL development work (technical specifications, coding and unit testing) required to support the delivery
- Develop SSAS (OLAP) cubes to enable self-service for our key users
- Develop reports in appropriate technology including SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft Excel.
- Documentation on development, testing and deployment tasks
- Pro-actively identify application improvements and identify the best technical solution for implementation.
- Perform peer reviews of code with other members of the team.
- Analyse user requirements to define and design solutions.
- Provide relevant user support for information gathering and analysis from both static report and BI self-service enabled tools
- Provide post-live support for all ETL / data warehouse development
- Integrate into project teams; represent BI requirements and practices for new project developments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent knowledge of relevant BI technologies and methodologies (T-SQL, Full Microsoft BI Stack – SSAS, SSIS and SSRS, etc.).
- Good understanding of Data Warehouse concepts and structures (dimensional modelling), cubes and ETL processes.
- Good analytical skills with a proven ability to use data to provide insights and identify root cause.
- Good understanding of data architecture from both a logical and physical perspective.
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging and critical thinking skills.
- A strong database knowledge and experience, including maintenance, optimisation, trouble-shooting
- Extensive experience in Microsoft SSIS
- Strong database skills in SQL Server- T-SQL, Stored procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Constraints and MDX
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and dimensional data modelling
- Experienced in designing architecture for Data Warehouse/Cubes for performance, capacity and stability
- Experience building data-marts and data warehouses
- Exposure to NoSQL and unstructured database technologies (e.g.: MongoDB).
- Knowledge of programming languages (C#, Python, VBA, GOlang).
- Knowledge of Power Bi, Azure
- Experience working in Agile development environment.
- A technically adept, motivated, focused individual with good analysis, organisation and planning skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen effectively and interact at all levels within the organisation.
- A team player who is able to adapt their own ways of working to that of the team
- Willingness to learn new technologies