|Service Operations Analyst|
|Welwyn Garden City|
PayPoint provide cash, card and contactless payments in-store and online. People use PayPoint to make essential payments and to collect and return parcels. Retail merchants use PayPoint for EPOS, ATMs and payment facilities. Established in 1996, PayPoint has been powering business for over 20 years.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The role will be responsible for monitoring, support and ensuring delivery of IT services within PayPoint.
• Work on various shifts to facilitate 24x7x365 support. All shifts will be office based.
• Monitor the performance of PayPoint services ensuring systems are managed to SLA requirements.
• Identify and verify service impact to customers through monitoring, alerting and incident management.
• Executes the PayPoint Incident Management process, coordinating on-call resources and, where necessary, escalations to Duty/Incident Managers
• Understands the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
• Provide prompt and professional communication of all incidents to internal and external customers.
• Support the delivery of technical projects
• Ensure scheduled tasks are completed successfully at the specified time.
• Identify unsuccessful tasks and record details on the service management system.
• Complete Change Request tasks within the specified time-scales and document the results.
• Use the appropriate procedures and checklists when performing tasks ensuring any discrepancies are highlighted.
• Act as the primary technical contact for PayPoint clients, ensuring all communication is managed professionally.
• Provide first line support for Facilities related issues at our primary and secondary sites outside normal business hours.
• Consistently develop knowledge base for all PayPoint and systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Experience in a Windows environment or similar.
• Good communication skills both written and oral, especially when talking to non-technical staff.
• Experience of working and delivering in a high-pressure environment with multiple priorities.
• Ability to work together as a cross functional team.
• A recognised qualification in Information Technology.
• A good understanding of monitoring tools including Solarwinds, Nagios and SCOM.
• Working knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) ticketing systems.
• A good understanding of the principles of service support as defined in the ITIL framework.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS / INFORMATION (e.g. hours, shift work, travel)
• Shift Work – Service Operations Analysts will be required to work on a 12 hour shift pattern.
• Responsibilities will include our secondary site and occasional travel to the site located 6 miles from the primary.
• Will be required to be Fire Warden and First Aid trained.
Would you like to apply to this job?